Tuesday 25 October 2016

Naked Urban Decay Smoky Palette Review

Urban Decay used to be a brand that when I was younger I was unable to afford, yet was dying to try so when I finally purchased the Urban Decay: Smoky Palette I was very excited.

When this palette was first realised the hype was unreal. It was sold out everywhere. Could you find it in stock...no. I personally bought my palette from Heathrow Airport (tax free) for £31.50 but it can be purchased from majority of the major beauty stores for £38.50 i.e. Debenhams or House of Fraser (these are also great stores to collect points to spend on even more beauty products). You may be able to purchase this palette cheaper on different websites with discounted RRP price however you do have to be careful as there are a lot of replicas about so personally I would stick to the official beauty stores or websites to avoid being ripped off.

So now more about the palette itself. Well personally I think that urban decay have produced there best palette to date. The packaging alone is enough to just to make you purchase the item without even contemplating the product inside of it. This palette stands out to the rest. From the original tin and cardboard casing, urban decay have upped there game with a harder plastic case with a smoky design which is extremely appealing to the eye. With this palette comes a card with 4 different ways to create the most effective smoky eye which for beginners is a great essential. With a decent size mirror within the case and a brush with 2 ends that allow you to both blend and smudge. So far you can go wrong with this palette.

For me smoky eye is everything. From an early age I've always tried to master that smoky eye for an everyday look. I do find that smoky palettes are hard to come by so finding a palette with such exquisite colours was just what I needed.

Applying the eyeshadow is very simple however I do find that some of the colours are more easier to apply than the others. Thirteen and combust are very good base colours which not all makeup palettes have so it is nice to find a palette that has that first base colour to boost your whole eye. I do find however on a slight negative note with all the naked palettes including this one I have to use a primer. For some people that could be more expense which is not ideal after purchasing such an high end product but I do believe that without you would not be able to use this palette to its maximum.

Each of the colours blend and mix well with colours within the palette however when the shade Armor is applied it can be very bitty meaning that it can go all over your cheek bones. If in my case your a person who applies there foundation first that can be very annoying as being a glitter grey shade is not easy to get off without removing your foundation. However this can easily be solved by the use of shadow shields which can be simply purchased off the likes of amazon for around £8. The combination of shades within the palette allow you to create a number of looks for both night and day. I find that when I mix Radar, Dirtysweet and Blackmarket this has to be my favourite look. In terms of durability I know that once applied it will last pretty much most the day on my eyes so I can have that smoky look for longer. I chose to also use a makeup setting spray on top of my eyes which keeps that sparkle for even longer but that is personal preference and you don't overly need it. 

From the outer casing to the inner you cant really go wrong with the Naked Smoky palette. Yes the palette is worth the price however it is not a budget buy beauty item and would need the likes of shadow shields and a primer at an extra cost to enhance this palette to its full potential. So if you are on a budget this product is not for you however your feeling a splurge coming on then this is definitely for you.





4 comments:

  1. Amazing review! I was very excited when I heard about this palette. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you ever so much for taking the time to read this post. I do love it has to be one of my dailies now! But very much appreciated

      Delete
  2. Awesome product review, yes i do agree with you that buying online provides you huge variety, easy and comfort and money saving too but you need to take care too so that you would not get fake product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Yes it is important as you do not know what your buying inside that product. Thanks for taking the time to read this review.

      Delete